The HP scanner not working issues incorporate scanner won’t examine, scanner not identified by your PC, or errors showed when you are utilizing your scanner, and so forth.
The reasons for these issues are different and, once in a while, challenging to analyze. As you can envision, the connection issue can keep your scanner from interfacing with the PC, and the product and services issue in your PC is the potential purpose behind this issue.
But do not bother. We will assist you in fixing the HP scanner not working on HP on Mac.
How to fix the HP scanner not working?
- Check the connection issue–
To utilize your scanner, you need to ensure that your scanner is controlled in any case.
Then you must verify the connection problem. In case you are utilizing a USB scanner, check the USB ports and USB links to guarantee it works appropriately. While using an organization scanner, guarantee your PC has a decent Internet connection and your PC’s scanner interfaces under the Internet. Furthermore, in case you’re using VPN on your PC, try disconnecting VPN from your PC and examining once more.
Read Also: – How to Connect HP Printer to Computer
Enable Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) service and associated services–
Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) is a Microsoft model that permits graphics programming to speak with imaging equipment, for example, scanner and cameras. So, you should empower WIA administration in your PC if your scanner quits working.
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R simultaneously to conjure the Run box.
- Type services.MSC and click OK.
- Look down and double-tap Windows Image Acquisition (WIA).
- In the popup sheet, guarantee the Startup type is set Automatic, and the Service status is Running.
- Snap Apply and OK to save the changes.
- After that, restart your PC. Attempt to utilize your HP scanner again and check whether it works now.
Update your scanner driver–
A missing or outdated scanner driver can cause your HP scanner not working windows 10, so you should refresh your scanner driver upgrade.
There are two different ways to refresh your scanner driver: manually and automatically.
- Manually update scanner driver- You can go to the site of your scanner producer, locate the most recent driver for your scanner, and introduce it in your PC. This requires time and PC abilities.
- Automatically update scanner driver- f you don’t have time or patience, you can do it automatically with the help of software.
Run system file checker–
System File Checker (SFC) is a built-in Windows highlight that sweeps tainted framework documents and fixes them consequently.
Your HP scanning isn’t working due to corrupted framework files, so you can attempt SFC to fix the issue. Follow the steps-
- Type cmd in the search bar, right snap Command Prompt, and select Run as administrator.
- In Command Prompt, type the command order; at that point, press ‘Enter.’
- At that point, hang tight for Verification 100% complete. This can take some time.
- When complete, Type exit in Command Prompt and press Enter to close the window.
- Restart your PC and check whether your scanner starts to work.